Moving rows of information from one table to another based on date

dhannant

ok so here is my problem... I want the data in the table on the right (starting at column U) to move into 1 of two separate areas under the "Overdues" section based on the owner and depending on the current date. This is all used for tracking inspections and other work details. So if the inspection is due within 5 days or so it will input all the required information into the overdue section with owner "jack" being on the left and "phil" on the right. I would like this to be done without macros if possible. The "received" section should be left blank if possible since that will show when the item was delivered for the inspection. If you need to reorganize the Overdues section to make it easier it will be ok but I would prefer not to. Both sections are built the way they are based on indexing and information priority. (the master date on the right is organized by P/N and will be organized by S/N eventually and the overdue area is organized by the type, s/n and date). I couldn't figure out how to upload the sheet here so this is the basic layout below. Overdues starts in A8. This is being posted on 3oct so the s/n overdue (13Jul2013) and the one coming due within 5 days (5Oct2014) should both move to the "Overdues" section in their respective owner slot. Hope this helps explain the problem. Thanks for any help.
Overdues
JackPhil

<tbody>
</tbody>
TYPES/NDue DateReceivedReason OverdueTypeS/NDue DateReceivedReason Overdue

<tbody>
</tbody>
Part NumberSerial NumberDue DateOwnerType
651813jun2013JackE
98415Oct2014PhilAV
5617530Oct2014PhilAV

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
alright so I've been playing around with other alternatives... I'm still trying to not have to do this with macros however am now open to it if I can't get anything else to work. I've been playing around with a pivot table that I've got layed out with the appropriate information however, when it builds the table it selects ALL of the raw data (the original example is cut pretty short. There are actually about 200+ tracked inspections). So obviously my sheet fills up quickly and doesn't look great. I'd like to display only the coming due and over due with the pivot table not the entire list. If anyone has any ideas please let me know...

Upvote 0
hi.

With a better explanation of the requirement there will be a better chance of a helpful reply.

For sure what you want can be done, but what that is isn't clear.

regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back