MrExcel.com visitors by Country

Of course, the USA, UK, Canada and Australia all speak English as a first language - that means every user from the tech guys to the kid at home doing some school project, pretty much, will be speaking English all day.

I know that a lot of business people in Asia, South America and Europe will also have a great understanding of the English language, but perhaps not as many occasional users, and perhaps they wouldn't automatically visit a predominantly English speaking website.

I know there's one section on ME for every other language on the planet, but it's bound to have a bearing on numbers from these countries.

Perhaps someone should start a Monsiour Excel or a Herr Excel, etc. I could go on.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
There is an interesting article in July 2008 issue of WIRED magazine on Chinglish (Chinese English) and Singlish (Singaporean English).
WIRED mag said:
By 2020, native English speakers will make up only 15 percent of the estimated 2 billion people who will be using or learning the language.
Normally those terms are used as pejorative terms for poor translations. But WIRED used them as valid names for new blends / evolutions of English, somewhat akin to Latin being the mother tongue of French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese & Romanian.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Well, I just added myself to the map. I gave my work place, not home though. I am sure the five miles won't make that much of a difference!

I did notice that if you don't move the map from its starting position, and just zoom in about a third of the way, you zoom in on Timbuktu. Which must therefore be the centre of the world, not the middle of nowhere. A common misconception, it would seem.

Hi,

the map is a super idea so I added myself to the map. My english is not good :oops:, but I feel very well in this forum from the first day of post threads here. :biggrin:

If you ever come to Germany - let us drink some beer or wine. (y)

Case_Germany

Does anyone know how to remove a marker from the map? My first try I was zoomed out too far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back