MrExcel March Madness!

NateO

Legend
It's that time of year again, where we fill out our brackets. Bill's hosting a free pool, here:

http://www.mrexcel.com/ncaa.html

Template and instructions included - brackets are due tonight at 12:00 EST.

Last year I finished in 3rd and should be more dangerous this year, as I didn't have to homer-pick Indiana, who aren't in the tourney this year. Last year I had them going to the final 4 (I did say homer) and they lost in the first round.

Also, every single game in the first round (or so?) is viewable online for free, so you might want to check this out, too:

http://mmod.ncaa.com/

I wonder if their streams have the "Boss Button", again? (and I'm not talking about Bruce)

http://www.mrexcel.com/weblog/2007/03/ncaa-boss-button.shtml

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Well, the first two days are in the books. And I'm getting mauled... :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

After the first round, I had only lost 1 sweet 16 team and no elite 8 teams, but that has changed since round 2. Still in 79th place though.

I was in 96th after round 1, but have made a healthy jump to 50th. Let's hope that trend continues.

And yes, Oaktree, I had Purdue going to the sweet 16, where they will be crushed. :cool:

Well done to Nate for getting in the top 10! There are a few familiar names in the list. I came 60th with some pretty rough picks - I think that's not too bad for someone who knows absolutely *nothing* about the game or the teams etc. I think I was the only one to pick WA to go all the way - they lost in the 3rd round.......maybe next year! :)

Last edited:
:p It's easy to be in the top 10 when you don't have to abide by the unwritten rule of having to automatically put your alma mater in the Final Four. I mean, it's not like Nate had to worry about that with IU this year ;)

Thanks, Andrew! :)

:p It's easy to be in the top 10 when you don't have to abide by the unwritten rule of having to automatically put your alma mater in the Final Four. I mean, it's not like Nate had to worry about that with IU this year ;)

I'll probably be spared of said rule next year, too! :p

I'll probably be spared of said rule next year, too!
Oh Bobby Knight, where have you gone!

Actually, I like the Guitar Hero commerical he is in. It would have been funnier if they didn't cut it off and let him get in a skirmish with James Hatfield, though.

Crean and IU will be in great shape, in a few years. It's just going to take a while to get some of these young horses, like Pritchard, Watford, Hulls, Elston, etc... into top form.

Is there going to be a March Madness for 2010 on MrExcel.com??
I always miss out (being English) but I love a competition.

I'm also a perfect benchmark because I have no idea who is good or not, so my picks will be completely random!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back