MrExcel MVPs

Dan Waterloo

There are a number of users here who are designated as MrExcel MVPs. How did they attain this status?

Yes, I found some similar threads after I posted my question. There's a lot of joshing involved. I take it that if someone writes a fair number of good Excel answers in a respectful manner, they might get noticed, nominated for MVP by an existing MVP (or admin?) within some sort of forum, and validated as an MVP by a quorum of existing MVPs.

Just a guess.

Yes that is pretty much it. A fellow MVP will nominate someone and the MVPs will vote on him/her. Many factors are considered such as:

- Quality of posts
- Quantity of posts (not that you need a ton, but it helps to be a "regular" poster)
- Depth of Excel/Access knowledge
- Demeanor/attitude
- How long you have been a member on this board

Hope this helps answer your question!

Hello,

I take it that if someone writes a fair number of good Excel answers in a respectful manner, they might get noticed, nominated for MVP by an existing MVP (or admin?) within some sort of forum, and validated as an MVP by a quorum of existing MVPs.
{snip}
That's pretty much it. You don't have to be a world-renowned expert w/ respect to etiquette, not everyone enjoys every single post I make, to be sure. But this is a community, so being a disruptive force in our community isn't exactly conducive to being appointed as a MrExcel MVP, here.

To really simplify this, it boils down to being a community leader, here. As this is a technical Q&A group of forums, for the most part, technical expertise is certainly a factor. But being a community leader also boils down to demonstrating a long-term commitment in advancing our community through participation.

And the type of participation in question will in all likelihood will not go unnoticed, our MrExcel MVPs aren't just posting, I think we tend to read quite a lot threads just for the sake of reading them. I know in my case, I read a lot more than I post, because I'm still a student of the game/a curious individual, and my role here kind of makes this necessary.

And quite right, the appointment is then verified by our body of current MrExcel MVPs, in an anonymous manner. MrExcel MVPs are typically confirmed by current MrExcel MVPs in a landslide type manner, i.e., there's no doubt about it.

Hope this helps. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back