MS Query 2000 and Outlook 2003 error

fractaloon

Board Regular
I've been getting an error when I try to run MS Query from Excel 2000. I've got office 2000 with Outlook 2003.

Basically, I try to start a "New Database Query..." and then I get a window pop up saying trying to install for first time use. After a moment, I get an error message with the text:

"Error 2709. An internal error occured. ({BF83B991-Df02-11D1-9395-00A0C90F27F9})"

I've found a few other folks with this problem but no solution. I did however figure out a workaround.

1. When the Windows Installer window pops up, I hit cancel to stop the process.
2. I then get an error message saying MS Query is already running but not responding. I close that window.
3. MS Query is now open in the background. I again try to create a new query from Excel using "New Database Query...".
4. This time it works, continue as normal.

I hope this is useful to others. I tried to reply to the threads I found that were not resolved, but the discussions where closed for replies.

Cheers,
Albert

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Go to Control Panel - Add/Remove programs Choose change on MS Office Outlook 2003 - Add or Remove Features - Expand Office Tools - Disable Microsoft Query.

Try and run query again. It should be using MS Query for Office 2000 now and should work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back