MS Query Problems

carlmack

I am learning how to import data in to Excel using a query and I have a couple of questions I would like some help with.

First, I have a query that brings about 6000 lines into Excel. I get the message “Selection is too large” during the query. All the data comes into the spreadsheet ok but the formulas to the right only extend down 1500 lines. Is there anyway round this ?

My second question is there a way to automate changing the selection criteria of the query. For example if the user of the spreadsheet enters a brand in a cell can this be automatically passed to the query as a selection criteria ?

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
The answer to your second question is yes. Right click on the data returned by your query, go to "Parameters" and set up a cell as an input.

Then, set up your query criteria to reference [parameter_name] such as "between [start_date] and [end_date]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back