MS word data to Excel

steve1612

Hi Folks,

I am trying to transfer data from MS word to Excel. I tried different options but none of them work. So I am finally posting for help.

I have personal information records on MS word forms. I like to transfer data on each form to Excel. Currently, I have to use a very manual approach of typing each information into excel. Is there a way to automate this process. It can definitely make my life easier.

Any help would be great!!!

Thanks,
Steve

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
hi - welcome to the board.

more info needed - nature of the forms, one form per file or multiple, storage structure etc etc

Upvote 0
The only further information I can provide is this....

This is a form which was prepared by my manager in the MS word. She has made it availabale online on the company's website for the users to complete required fields e.g Name, Address, phone#, contact#, billing ID# etc. It is a 1 page MS Word Form.

The users fill in the required information on this WORD DOCUMENT FORM and forward it to me. I, then, copy field by field and paste it in our billing system program so that it reflect the correct information on the system. I receive 25 to 30 forms each day from various users via email.

What I know is that our billing system has the ability to upload information directly from Excel. It cannot do so if it is in MS Word.

The thought is if I am able to transfer data from these forms onto Excel -- either one form at a time or multiple forms in one shot --- this would help me to upload them directly to excel with a little bit 0effort as oppose to doing it manually.

Usually when i receive these forms as an attachment I save each form individually on my desktop i.e. "C"drive /Documents and settings/....Customer ID form".

Please let me know if anyone out there has a solution/vba macro that can make my life easier would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

Upvote 0
Check the docs formatting and see if there are any bookmarks and/or formfields. I think you find this under formatting? Anyways, if the numbers aren't inputted into the doc in any VBA recognizeable position then it would be very difficult... but not impossible. You would have to search the doc and then manipulate some strings, and then convert your doc strings to XL values (unless you don't to use the Word "numbers"). How about sticking something in the company's suggestion box about effeciency of data transfer? Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back