ms word, index, dotted line

iknowu99

I can't figure this out...trying to write one thing on the left and then ...... and something on the right side similar to an index file that has topic on left and dotted to the right to the page number. i am using periods but it groups some of them as elipses, it messes up the allignment of the numbers on the right. visually one can see that the page numbers are not in line vertically. any ideas?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
If you don't need a table of contents per se, but just a dotted line "leader", you can add a tab stop (either left or right-aligned), and then format the tab to use dots or dashes as a leader. You can't do this for a "default" tab stop; you have to add your own tab either through the tab dialog or by left-clicking at the appropriate spot on the ruler. If you're using Word 2007, the tab dialog has been relocated to the paragraph dialog (lower left corner of the paragraph formatting dialog). I only mention that because it took me days or maybe even weeks to figure out where the tab formats had disappeared to in office 2007.

Hope this helps,

Cindy

Upvote 0
i kept rigth clicking parts of ruler and found Tabs option....if it was a video game i would have to say this is a cheat code...bcuz it's hard to find

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back