Msg from Data base

rdev

Hi
I am working with a database .
I want to make a change to the design of the a table and its related form , I am having the message :-

"You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time . If you proceed to make changes you may not be able to change them later"

Can I get help to understand this msg and sort this out
Thx

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
It means that the database is in a "locked" status because either someone else already has it open, or it was not closed properly so the lock was never released. The first person to log into the database gets the "exclusive" rights.

If you get everyone to log out of the database, go to the directory where the database resides. The database should have an extension of ".mdb" (or ".accdb" for Access 2007). If there is another file with the same name with a ".ldb" (or "lccbd" for Access 2007), this is the lock file. If you see this file there, and you are sure no one is in the database, trying deleting this file. Then you should be able to log in and get the "exclusive" rights.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back