"msgbox" not being corrected to "MsgBox"

Jeffrey20

Board Regular
Hi, I'm working on a project and all of the sudden I noticed that when I write "msgbox" VBA no longer corrects it to "MsgBox".
If I create a new workbook and type "msgbox", VBA do corrects it to "MsgBox", so it's something specific to that workbook (the problem happens in all the Modules and UserForms), any ideas what it could be?

The problem is only with "msgbox"; inputbox and all the others do get corrected.
No problems associated with this behavior, but it is annoying seeing msgbox in lowercase, and writing it in propercase (MsgBox) gets it corrected to lowercase.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Is there an error somewhere around there that isn't throwing any exceptions? I've had some wayward code cause this sort of thing until I finally found the error and then everything was right as rain, but I don't use msgbox frequently so I cannot comment on whether this is a common/normal occurrence.

Upvote 0
How do I know if there is an error if it isn't throwing any exceptions? :confused:

The msgboxes are being used to let the user know that he has written something that shouldn't in a textbox or has left a combobox blank.

Upvote 0
Do you have (or did you have) any variables called msgbox (regardless of scope)?

Upvote 0
Nope, I don't/didn't.

I'm starting to think this will be one of those weird things that happens with no apparent reason.

Upvote 0
Try declaring a variable as
Dim MsgBox
then compile, then delete the variable.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back