Muliple IF with Contactenate

sg2209

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Hi All Gurus,

I did try with generic if and concatenate i am not getting the results as per the requirement, it only gives me Single Answer not for concatenate
I was trying to do multiple if with concatenate unforunately not getting what i am looking for .
I want where there is a Yes in Cell Headers Sould be populate as a result

A2= Yes , B2=Yes, C2= No, D2=No Rule1, Rule2 ( because A= is Yes and b2 is Yes )
A2A=Yes b2= No, C2=Yes, D2=Yes Rule1, Rule3, Rule4 ( becuase A,B, D has Yes )

Thank You For the help

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
What version of Excel are you using? Please update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using? Please update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)
HI Peter , Sorry but i searched alsmot 40 pages on this forum and also google and on the basisi of that i tried however didn't get the result.
and yes i always maintain a decorum of the forum by not posting it cross and no duplicate.

Thank You

Upvote 0
I think that you have mis-read my comments. I didn't say anything about searching or cross-posting or decorum or duplicates. ?

I am just trying to find out what version of Excel you are using because different versions have different functions available.
I also wanted you to put that version in your profile so that helpers always know. It will show up like this.

1608110080522.png

Upvote 0
I think that you have mis-read my comments. I didn't say anything about searching or cross-posting or decorum or duplicates. ?

I am just trying to find out what version of Excel you are using because different versions have different functions available.
I also wanted you to put that version in your profile so that helpers always know. It will show up like this.

View attachment 28067
Sorry , i will update it and i am using 2016

Upvote 0
i am using 2016
Thanks. I don't see how you came up with some of the expected results in your post 1 image, but see if this does what you want.

20 12 16.xlsm
ABCDE
1Rule1Rule2Rule3Rule4Result
2YesNoYesNoRule1,3
3YesYesNoYesRule1,2,4
4YesNoNoYesRule1,4
5NoYesYesNoRule2,3
6NoNoNoNo 
Concat
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E2:E6E2=IF(COUNTIF(A2:D2,"Yes"),"Rule"&SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(IF(A2="Yes","1 ","")&IF(B2="Yes","2 ","")&IF(C2="Yes","3 ","")&IF(D2="Yes","4",""))," ",","),"")

Upvote 0
Solution
You're welcome. Thanks for the follow-up. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back