multi column address data base i would like to break down

lockwood

I have a large multi column address data base i would like to break down into county groups by loading in lists of the individual municipalities. how do i write a reusable function/formula in excel that mimics this query? "city" contains Arkport OR Atlanta OR Avoca OR Cohocton OR Dansville OR Fremont OR Wayland OR Wheeler OR Prattsburgh OR Perkinsville OR Pulteney OR Bradford OR Hammondsport OR Urbana OR Wayne AND "state" contains “NY”
thanks lockwood

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
thanks for being there, i appreciate the help

nameaddress 1citystatezipcontactcontact titlepeptalk P=Yescustnotes
SITEWORKS, INC6000 WEST GENESEE STCAMILLUSNY13031ANDREW AUPPERLEPRESIDENTp29309p 29309
VACRI CONSTRUCTION CORP.1 BRICK AVENUEBINGHAMTONNY13901ANDREW AUPPERLEPRESIDENTP25117P 25117
CITY OF NORWICH, NY1 CITY PLAZANORWICHNY13815ANDREW AUPPERLEPRESIDENTP8265P 8265
VILLAGE OF SOUTH CORNING1 CLARK STREETCORNINGNY14830ANDREW AUPPERLEPRESIDENTP7956P 7956
SENECA CTY. WTR & SWR DISTRICT1 DIPRONIO DRIVEWATERLOONY14588ANDREW AUPPERLEPRESIDENTP26345P 26345
TOWN OF CAPE VINCENT, NY1 MARKET STREETCAPE VINCENTNY13618ANDREW AUPPERLEPRESIDENTP12085P 12085
CITY OF CORNING DEPT. OF PUBLIC WORKS10 CIVIC CENTER PLAZACORNINGNY14830ANDREW AUPPERLEPRESIDENTP8182P 8182

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
ok, what is a county group ? do you want all the CORNINGS to be together ? You can sort by up to 3 columns eg first by state second by city etc etc

once we define what is wanted Fluff will sort it (sry Fluff)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back