Multi-Column Combo Box Not displaying selected entry when Printed

jpatlec

I have a work sheet with a combo box. The ListFillRange is a 2 column array. In column 1 is a list of Report Names. Column 2 contains the data source for the Report. In the Properties for my ComboBox, I have Bound column set to 2 and Column Count set to 1, as I need the data source put into the Linked Cell when the user selects the Report Name from the Combo Box.

The issue, I believe is that many reports in Column 1 can use the same Data Source in Column 2, so there are multiple entries of the same type. For Example:

Report Name Data Source
Report 1. . . Cube 1
Report 2. . . Cube 2
Report 3. . . Cube 1
Report 4. . . Cube 2
Report 5. . . Cube 3
Report 6. . . Cube 1

When The user selects Report 3 from the Combo Box, the "Value" property should be 'Cube 1' and the "Text" property should be 'Report 3', and it is until you try to print (or print preview) the worksheet. For some reason, the "Text" property value is changing to the first occurance of the "Value" property value. So in this example, the worksheet would print with "Report 1" showing up int he Combo Box.

Any ideas how I get around this and keep the Report Name the user selects in the Combo Box when the sheet is printed?

I appreciate any help!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back