logic

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using Excel to calculate pricing using 2 tables:

A retail pricing list
A distributor discount list

The distributors discount is variable, and therefore, in a third table, I am trying to calculate the pricing.

I would like to use the table row label and table column label to refer to the retail pricing list.

Currently I am using INDEX/MATCH to do this:

{=INDEX(retail_price_list_price,MATCH(1,(A1=retail_price_list_type)*(B1=retail_price_list_material)*(C1=retail_price_list_color),0)))*(100-distributor_discount_percentage)

So, as an example, a shirt that is small and violet and polyester should reference to value in the '300' in the 'retail pricing list'

In the third table, I should automatically get the value of 255, the price at which the distributor would buy from us.

Now, the question is: I have 70 tables for the distributor discount. Manually doing the formulas for close to 10000 lines is not a good use of my time.

So, how would I have excel search by finding the discount at the intersection of material (silk/cotton/polyester/wool) and color (violet/indigo/blue/green/yellow/orange/red) without me changing every cell reference when I paste it for the third table? I don't mind pasting it 70 times, but changing the values close to 10000 times is a bit much.

Attachments

• distributor list.png
    distributor list.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 18

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
It is very hard to tell me in English :) I am directly sharing the example. You should write this formula just as the substitute for the underlined statement. The rest will be the same:
{=INDEX(retail_price_list_price,MATCH(1,(A1=retail_price_list_type)*(B1=retail_price_list_material)*(C1=retail_price_list_color),0)))*(100-distributor_discount_percentage)
1675858196180.png

Excel Formula:
=INDEX(INDEX(D:D,MATCH(1,(D1:D18="shirt")*(E1:E18="medium"),0)):H18,MATCH("green",INDEX(D:D,MATCH(1,(D1:D18="shirt")*(E1:E18="medium"),0)):D18,0),MATCH("cotton",INDEX(INDEX(D:D,MATCH(1,(D1:D18="shirt")*(E1:E18="medium"),0)+1),INDEX(H:H,MATCH(1,(D1:D18="shirt")*(E1:E18="medium"),0)+1),0)))
I hope you can manage to modify it according to your data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back