Multi-functional macro???

mfisher316

Here's what I need to do:
I have data in multiple rows and 12 columns. When a cell in column B is blank, I need to insert a row at the row below the blank cell. In the inserted row, I need to insert a formula in column c. (formula is done)
Also, when the cells in columns K&L are > 0, I need to cut the cell in column K and paste to same row in column G. I need to cut the cell in column L and paste to same row in column J.

Another thing, we put data in at different times and I don't want to keep running on the same data. (i.e. I only want it to run on data when there are values in columns K&L).

I have a macro that works in Lotus 123 and I need to get it to work in excel (or else I am doomed to continue working in Lotus!).

Please help.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Hello,

Do you have a working macro in Lotus ? or do you need a macro written from scratch ?

If you have the lotus macro then perhaps you could post it and i could have a go putting it into VBA (i've never worked with Lotus though! It might be interesting to try)

Otherwise if you're up on VBA then i'd suggest writing a macro which will do each of the tasks you want and then control their excecution with IF statments from a Main macro. For thing that you don't know how to do, for example insert a row, you can try using the macro recorder and then inspect the recorded code.

Upvote 0
I can get the columns to cut and paste by using a "counter" loop; however, what I really want is for the loop to start at the current cell and proceed from there. That way, when I enter new data below and rerun the macro, the old columns won't be erased when it re-cuts&pastes.

I don't know how much it will help but here is the macro from Lotus it is all based off current cell location (hence all of the Lefts, Rights, Downs Etc)

\M {END}{R}/RF,~{END}{D}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}~{END}{L}
{R}{R}{up}@VLOOKUP(+{L}{L}{D},COSTCODES,1)~{d}{END}{L}
{END}{R}/M{END}{D}~{L}{L}~
{L}/M{END}{D}~{L}{L}{L}{L}~
{UP}{END}{L}{END}{D}{END}{END}{D}/WIR~
@VLOOKUP(+{L}{L}{D},COSTCODES,1)~
\Q {END}{D}{D}{D}{IF @CELLPOINTER("type")="b"}{BRANCH \Y}
{IF @CELLPOINTER("type"=""I"}/WIR~@VLOOKUP(+{L}{L}{D},COSTCODES,1)~{branch \Q}
\Y {R}{R}{R}{R}{EDIT}{HOME}@ROUND({END},2)~{R}{R}{R}{EDIT}{HOME}@ROUND({END},2)~{QUIT}

FYI "/wir" is the lotus keyboard command for "insert row" which would correlate to: "Selection.EntireRow.Insert" I guess?

Basically here is the deal, we have the following columns:
"Costcode" "Item#" "Description" "QTY" "Price" "Price Multiplier" "Price Extension" "Labor" "Labor Multiplier" "Labor Extension" "Price with Subtotal" "Labor with Subtotal".

I need to replace "Price Extension" with "Price with Subtotal" and "Labor Extension" with "Labor with Subtotal". And then also insert columns at each instance where the value in "Item#" is zero (blank) in the row below the blank cell.

The VLOOKUP Formula is pretty much the exact same but I have it Reference the specific range in the costcode sheet in excel so that is no problem. If only I could get the rows to insert at the correct spot...

Thanks in advance. I'm very new to VB and found the "help menu" to be seriously lacking.

FYI: Here's the "counter" loop I wrote to cut and paste the columns:

For Counter = 4 To 100
Set curcell = Worksheets("Printouts").Cells(Counter, 1)
If Abs(curcell.Offset(0, 10)) > 0 Then
curcell.Offset(0, 10).Select
Selection.Cut
End If

ActiveCell.Offset(0, -4).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

If Abs(curcell.Offset(0, 11)) > 0 Then
curcell.Offset(0, 11).Select
Selection.Cut
End If

ActiveCell.Offset(0, -2).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back