Multi level bill of materials

22strider

Hello Friends

I need to seperate multi-level bills of materials in seperate spreadsheet. So that I can have one level of bill of materials of one assembly on one spreadsheet and next level of the same assembly on next spreadsheet. Once all levels of one assembly are put on different spreadsheets then go to the next assembly and do the same thing.
I have all the data in single spreadsheet. Following are the columns that I have in my spreadsheet:
1) Parent Part Number (Text);
2) Level of bill of materials (numeric); levels are the numbers starting from 0 to 10
3) Child part number (text);
4) Quantity (numeric)
Background: Actually this is a data extract that I got from an application. And now I need to import this to another application but the import tool require data from Single level of bill of materials from One assembly at a time.

Any help will be appreciated. Without a macro I will be down to doing cut a paste on couople thousand rows.

Thanks
Rajesh

6ktchamp

I have Input data as in LEFT side (Single Level BOM data) and want to convert it to Multi-Level BOM data.
Level 0 is for Top Part Number in the BOM. Below example has two BOM with Top Part number as A and X. Please advise if we can use Macro /R / Python to solve this.

Input Data Output Data
ComponentParentQuantityComponentParentTop Part Number in BOMQuantityLevel
BA10AAA00
CA10BAA101
DB5CAA102
EA1EAA11
EX15XXX00
FX20EXX151
BF8FXX201
BFX82

<colgroup><col><col span="5"><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newaqua

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...