Multiple Conditional Formula Formating

st471438

Good morning everyone,

I have used this forum in past and this is a life saver site :)

I hope to get answer this time as well..........

So.. here what I am trying to do.. I am using Excel 2010 and I have average of performance that is in percentage example 18% on C3 and the rest of the column have individual's performance percentage and I want to apply 5 different conditions based on the average (18%) percentage so basically

So if the cell value is +1% then value of C3 (18%) then light green
If cell value is +2% of C3 = Green
If cell value is +3% of C3 = Dark green

If cell value is -1% of C3 = Yellow

and so on...

Here is the example of data

NameOCt SalesNov Sales
Average18%17%
Sales Person 119%16%
Sales Person 216%18%
Sales Person 320%15%

<tbody>
</tbody>

Please let me know what type of formula I should use? I tried using everything :( nothing is working for me.

I really appreciate everyone's help in this regards.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Hi Andrew,

I am kind of lost now.. I tried using their new conditional format option but not sure what should i put.. i tried the option where it says if this formula is true and in that formula box i put =C3+1% then GREEN... i tried that just to give a shot and all other option but i am lost.

Upvote 0
Also there are options where we can change color of cells based on greater than cell reference etc but it's not about greater than, because its about +1,+2,+3 and -1,-2,-3% etc. Does this make sense?

Upvote 0
Try simply:

=C3=1%

If your percentages are formatted to show no decimals rather than rounded, you may need:

=ROUND(C3,2)=1%

Upvote 0
=C3=1%?

I want to see if value of cells is +1% of (C3) if value in cells is +2% of (C3) and so on.. so basically if C3 is 18% then if cell contains 19% then green.... 20% then dark green and so on..

Upvote 0
No.

I apologize for the confusion and I am not able to explain. I will try again..

I want to apply conditional format to all the column based on value on Cell C3 = so in our example C3 is 18% right now so I want to see in entire column (A) if cell value is C3+1% (so basically it will be 18%+1% = 19%) then green (B) if cell value is C3+2% (it will be 18%+2% = 20%) then dark green

(C) if cell value is C3-1% (So 18%-1% = 16%) then Yellow

Does this make sense? Where should I enter the formula and what should I enter as formula?

I am so sorry for confusion but I really appreciate for your patience thank you in advance Sir

Upvote 0
If your sample data is in the range B2:D6, select C3:D6 and try the conditional formatting formulas:

=ROUND(C4-C$3,2)=1%
=ROUND(C4-C$3,2)=2%
etc

In the Conditional Formatting New Formatting dialog choose 'Use a formula to determine which cells to format' and enter the formula in the box below. Here's a short tutorial:

Format Entire Row based on cell value

Upvote 0
Thank you very much.. My data is in entire column. On top of each column have average of each column and that average will be base of the formating for the entire column.

SO I should choose the entire column (except the base reference value) right? and add coma sign (,) between different formula is it correct?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back