multiple conditions in excel

Fmedia

Hi Guys

I have yet another problem to test you with.

I have an excel sheet which pulls in monthly sales data to another spreadsheet. The contracts usually last for 12 months and are all equal except sometimes the first month has a set up fee. I would like to know if this can be done with an excel formula or it has to be done in Microsoft Visual. Either way, if somebody knows how to do it id be most grateful.

Structure of question:

-IF the set up fee equals yes, and the two months corrolate, enter the set up value.
-If the set up fee equals yes but the two months dont corrolate, enter total order value minus the set up fee divided by duration of contract minus one month.
-if set up fee equals no, enter total order value divided by duration of contract.

I have made a start and got this much in :
=IF(AND(current month='start month of contract,'set up fee="yes"),set up amount)

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

RalphA

Try something like this, after substituting the appropriate cells:

=IF(cell with set up fee="yes",IF(MONTH(NOW())=MONTH(cell with set up date),cell with setup amount,cell set up value,cell w/ total order - cell with set up fee)/(cell with contract duration - 1))

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adustin42