Multiple criteria (text) filter that generates results in Excel VBA

bulthuisj

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to create a VBA that searches a selection made with a drop down on sheet "Main" in cell "C6" in the second sheet "Data" where it then searches row 4 to find the column that holds that match - then looks down the row to find where "X"s are and house applicability (so a two criteria or search) then populate that on the main page as a result when the button is clicked. I have tried multiple VLooksups, Criteria, If/Then and not able to create a search in columns, then filter down with search in rows. Any help on what command I am needing? I have been told it can be done but I can only get the one search - and not then filter if have an x . Attached 2 screen shots to show what I am looking for.

Attachments

• what I want.jpg
    what I want.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 22
  • data sheet view for what is to be filtered.jpg
    data sheet view for what is to be filtered.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 20
  • what I want.jpg
    what I want.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 15
  • data sheet view for what is to be filtered.jpg
    data sheet view for what is to be filtered.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 18

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
@bulthuisj Welcome to Forum
Could you upload a sample workbook to a free site such as dropbox.com or google drive & then share the link here?
It will make it easier to test and find a solution.

Upvote 0
I am trying to create a VBA that searches a selection made with a drop down on sheet "Main" in cell "C6" in the second sheet "Data" where it then searches row 4 to find the column that holds that match - then looks down the row to find where "X"s are and house applicability (so a two criteria or search) then populate that on the main page as a result when the button is clicked. I have tried multiple VLooksups, Criteria, If/Then and not able to create a search in columns, then filter down with search in rows. Any help on what command I am needing? I have been told it can be done but I can only get the one search - and not then filter if have an x . Attached 2 screen shots to show what I am looking for.
Figures it out with the auto filter function.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back