Multiple Criteria to Return Value

nypedestrian

Hi All,

I've been stumped by this issue. I have tried using INDEX and MATCH functions but this is my first time using them so I cannot track where the problem is coming from.

TIMECARD SHEET - Summary Sheet - This is where I need to enter the value from a table in another sheet.

Employee NameSmith, John

<tbody>
</tbody>

Date
Hours
Rate
Cash Tips
CC Tips
Tips Total
Total Pay
9/29/14FORMULA NEEDED9.00

<tbody>
</tbody>
PAYROLL SHEET - Data Sheet - Sheet where I pull information from
<style>table { }td { padding: 0px; color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Calibri,sans-serif; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl84 { color: white; font-weight: 700; border-width: 0.5pt medium; border-style: solid none; border-color: black -moz-use-text-color; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% black; }.xl85 { text-align: center; border-width: 0.5pt medium; border-style: solid none; border-color: black -moz-use-text-color; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(217, 217, 217); }.xl86 { border-width: 0.5pt medium; border-style: solid none; border-color: black -moz-use-text-color; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(217, 217, 217); }.xl87 { text-align: center; border-width: 0.5pt medium; border-style: solid none; border-color: black -moz-use-text-color; }.xl88 { border-width: 0.5pt medium; border-style: solid none; border-color: black -moz-use-text-color; }.xl89 { color: white; font-weight: 700; text-align: center; border-width: 0.5pt medium 0.5pt 0.5pt; border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: black -moz-use-text-color black black; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% black; }.xl90 { border-width: 0.5pt medium 0.5pt 0.5pt; border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: black -moz-use-text-color black black; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% rgb(217, 217, 217); }.xl91 { border-width: 0.5pt medium 0.5pt 0.5pt; border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: black -moz-use-text-color black black; }.xl92 { color: white; font-weight: 700; text-align: center; border-width: 0.5pt medium; border-style: solid none; border-color: black -moz-use-text-color; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% black; }</style>
DateEmployee NamePayroll CategoryHours
9/29/14Doe, JohnHourly1
9/29/14Smith, JohnHourly9
9/29/14Smith, JohnCash Tips
9/29/14Smith, JohnCC Tips
9/30/14Smith, JohnHourly10
9/30/14Smith, JohnCC Tips

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

I want excel to match the following criteria from TIMECARD SHEET and PAYROLL SHEET to return HOURS value: Date, Employee Name and (if needed) PAYROLL CATEGORY = Hourly.
In the case of the data above, 9 would be the returned based on the criteria. Thank you so much in advance for any help or direction you can give me.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi.

That's not possible how its set up. You will need to provide the payroll category on your summary sheet for the formula to use.

Upvote 0
You might be able to pull that off if you can Concatenate all values and use that as a MATCH and INDEX value.

Upvote 0
Try
=SUMIFS(payroll!$D$2:$D$7,payroll!$C$2:$C$7,"HOURLY",payroll!$B$2:$B$7,timecard!B1,payroll!$A$2:$A$7,timecard!A5)

Assuming employee name and smith, john are in A1 and A2 repectiveley on the timecard sheet and the table starts on A4. And your payroll sheet starts on A1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back