Multiple Currency symbols in the same spreadsheet

u0107

Board Regular
Hello,

I searched the forum but could not find a solution for the problem I am facing.

I have a common spreadsheet template. The template uses more than one currency - typically USD and one more. Which the second currency is, is dependent on which country's data is being entered. There are only specific (some 6 or 7 countries) whose data will be entered. Selection of a country is through a drop-down box. The list of options in the drop down box are generated using contents of 3 or 4 columns in a tab named "Parameters".

As an example in the Parameters tab, I have:

Column A has a country list (from Row 2 onwards): Pakistan, India, Ethiopia, Kenya.
Column B has corresponding Currency name: Pakistani Rupee, Indian Rupee, Ethiopian Birr and Kenyan Shilling.
Column C has corresponding Currency Shortform: PKR, INR, ETB and KES.

In Column D I would like to have the Currency Symbol.
And in Column E, I am keeping free so that I can get the Currency format. (For example, Indian Rupee is in Rs. 1,00,00,000.00 which is different from $10,000,000.00)

Money is transferred by non-profits charitable organizations in USD to organizations in these countries and the recipients report the utilization back to headquarters - in USD and in local currency.

Each recipient Organization uses one reporting spreadsheet using the template I am creating.

At the outset, the Country is chosen from a drop down box and I use VLOOKUP to get the Currency name and Currency Shortform.

What I would like to do is to format the Local Currency Cell values with the Symbol and the Formats which are "VLOOKUP"ed similarly.

I also do not want to have more than one template or a country-wise template, if I can help it.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance and sorry about the length of this post.

Uttam

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back