Multiple Drop down to select displayed price

lonnie451

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello...

Have a small issue...

I have 2 drop down menus.. one for the product name and the other for the product size.. I am wanting to select the price for the size and brand of a particular product.
I guess what I am looking for is " I select bellow in drop down one and Medium in Drop down 2, the price will be reflected in the proper cell."

All help is appreciated..

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I may well not be able to help you!!

But you will have to make it clearer what data and where it is that you are working with so maybe someone else can!!

Without seeming to be too harsh; where is the “Product name”, “Size” and corresponding “Price” being linked?

Unless there is some form of link; eg an expanded drop down list to include “Product name” “Size” and “Price” for each one, it can’t just guess as to what the price might be

Upvote 0
I may well not be able to help you!!

But you will have to make it clearer what data and where it is that you are working with so maybe someone else can!!

Without seeming to be too harsh; where is the “Product name”, “Size” and corresponding “Price” being linked?

Unless there is some form of link; eg an expanded drop down list to include “Product name” “Size” and “Price” for each one, it can’t just guess as to what the price might be
I have my Product , sizes and Prices on a separate sheet.
Example, one drop down will have the Product and the second drop down will have the sizes..
Once they are selected, I am looking for the Price cell to reflect the price base upon the selections from both drop downs.

I never take things too harsh, we all have to learn at some point...lol... I keep forgetting to put in more information...

I will post something here in a few..

Upvote 0
Firstly is it a Forms control or ActiveX drop down?
Secondly, exactly what sort of drop down is it; a Combo box, List box or what ever?

If the Workbook it's in is meant for distribution then ActiveX controls are not what you need to use, majority of systems block ActiveX.
So Forms control are your only option.

I know ActiveX controls have the reputation of being a bit "Flaky" but I use them all the time.
I find they have a lot of functionality in themselves without the need for VBA.

P.S I use ActiveX because my Workbooks are for personal use and not for distribution

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Firstly is it a Forms control or ActiveX drop down?
Secondly, exactly what sort of drop down is it; a Combo box, List box or what ever?

If the Workbook it's in is meant for distribution then ActiveX controls are not what you need to use, majority of systems block ActiveX.
So Forms control are your only option.

I know ActiveX controls have the reputation of being a bit "Flaky" but I use them all the time.
I find they have a lot of functionality in themselves without the need for VBA.

P.S I use ActiveX because my Workbooks are for personal use and not for distribution
well since I have no clue what "ActiveX" is... I just use the list option when validating it. It is meant for distribution, at some point. lol

Upvote 0
When I make my selections in the product and QTY, I am wanting the correct price for the selected items... Right now I have none ...

Book3
BCDEF
6Test
9ProductQtyDescriptionPriceTotal
10Grapes1LB
Sheet1
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
B10List=Sheet2!$A$4:$A$6
C10List=Sheet2!$B$3:$D$3

Upvote 0
What is the 'Description' meant refer to ?
With out a 'Price' in E10 your not going any where.
What is the formula to get the 'Total price'?

We are ALL on a learning curve; I'm only just starting

Upvote 0
What is the 'Description' meant refer to ?
With out a 'Price' in E10 your not going any where.
What is the formula to get the 'Total price'?

We are ALL on a learning curve; I'm only just starting
Pricing is on sheet two...

I created a pricing sheet for my screen printing business, that uses if statements, last year.. I am just expanding on things and want to simplify.. not really simplify but be able to have multiple different products, without having to have several different sheets.

Book3
ABCD
3Product1LB2LB3LB
4Grapes0.991.502.25
5Bananas0.891.452.45
6Pecans0.601.754.00
Sheet2

Upvote 0
*loonie451, Good morning.

Hi julhs.

You can solve this question using a combination of VLOOUKP and MATCH functions.

Try to use:

Sheet1
E10
--> =VLOOKUP(A10; Sheet2!$A$4:$D$6; MATCH(B10; Sheet2!$A$3:$D$3;0); FALSE)

Please, tell us if it worked for you.

I hope it helps.

Upvote 0
*lonnie451.

From all the info and the exact LAYOUT that you now provided; this will work to give a “Price” in E10, dependant on the selections made in B10 and C10.

Excel Formula:
=VLOOKUP(B10,Sheet2!$A$4:$D$7,MATCH(C10,Sheet2!$A$4:$D$4,0),0)

If the you change the layout of either Sheet 1 or Sheet2, then cell references will have to be changed accordingly to reflect the changes

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back