multiple entries of same product sold. how to combine?

bromanct

I have two worksheets, "Sales" and "Returns"

On both, there are multiple entries for the same product sold (ie, product A is listed two different times, the first entry it shows 4 units sold, the second shows 3 units sold.)

How do I function/script it so I combine the two entries to one? The whole worksheet has many of these types of entries, all sorted by Product Code.

EXAMPLE<TABLE BORDER="1" CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0" WIDTH="75%"><TR><TD WIDTH="33%">Product</TD><TD WIDTH="33%">Product Code</TD><TD WIDTH="34%">Units Sold</TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH="33%">Pickled Eggs</TD><TD WIDTH="33%">PE23</TD><TD WIDTH="34%">4</TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH="33%">Pickled Eggs</TD><TD WIDTH="33%">PE23</TD><TD WIDTH="34%">3</TD></TR></TABLE></P>

-TO-</P><TABLE BORDER="1" CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0" WIDTH="75%"><TR><TD WIDTH="33%" HEIGHT="12">Product</TD><TD WIDTH="33%" HEIGHT="12">Product Code</TD><TD WIDTH="34%" HEIGHT="12">Units Sold</TD></TR><TR><TD WIDTH="33%">Pickled Eggs</TD><TD WIDTH="33%">PE23</TD><TD WIDTH="34%">7</TD></TR></TABLE>

help!?

This message was edited by bromanct on 2002-11-05 13:04
This message was edited by bromanct on 2002-11-05 13:09

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi bromanct:

Welcome to the Board!

You have not stated where excactly are the Units Sold entries made -- Looking at the table in your posting, you could use the SUMIF function as...

=SUMIF(B2:B3,"PE23",C2:C3)
if your entries for ProductCode and UnitsSold were in cells B2:C3

If the data is in different worksheets and in different cells, you may have to bring the data over into one table.

Please post back if it works for you -- otherwise explain a little further and let us take it fom there.

Regards!
Yogi
This message was edited by Yogi Anand on 2002-11-05 13:31

Upvote 0
Yogi, thanks much for the reply.

The place where I want to display results is my TOTALS sheet, which simply shows the net from SALES minus RETURNS. On both the SALES and RETURNS sheets, the units sold/returned are all in the same columns. All information is hard data that has previously been entered.

I think I'll try your idea and also the Data -> Consolodate feature explained in topic 4691 by Mark W.

the main task at hand is automating this process for the 100+ multiple entries I'm dealing with. I figure that can be done with a loop - however my VBA is dusty and that challenge is next on my list. One step ar a time, right?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back