Multiple equations and multiple variables

DeuxMilleSangue

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
The following post will be long and I'll probably make a fool of myself explaining the rut I'm stuck in, but bear with me. It's based on analytical chemistry calculations, if that's worth anything.

I have a mathematically solvable system of equations, but it relies on multiple variables that depend more or less on each other, so it is not possible to channel the whole array of variables into a single variable and solve for that (actually it might be possible, but I'm looking for a jack-of-all-trades method that can be scaled for more complicated systems, where defining all but one variables on the "master number" will become a tortorous venture).
There are 3 equations, all of them written as balances, therefore, once they're solved, a value of 0 will be assigned to them. I have to deal with 9 variables, out of which 6 can be easily calculated based on the other 3, namely the "master variables" (some of the 6 are based on one master variable, some on two).
My question is - can Solver find out the values for the 3 master variables (for which I repeat, I will probably not be able to find mathematical relationships between them, should I decide to do so) given the 3 equations? If yes, how should I program it to do so? If not, is there any Excel Add-on that might endure the task of solving multivariable multiple systems of equations? (I'm reasonably confident bruteforcing combinations of numbers from a specific starting value might do the trick, the equations themselves are not lengthy).

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back