Andy0311

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm not sure how I did this, but when I double click to open an Excel workbook, 9 other files automatically open. I then have to minimize each one and then go on about my business with the file I needed in the first place. Looking at these files, 5 are Personal (Auto-Recovered) files with different names, 2 are labeled Personal but not auto recovered, 1 is a .cvs file, and my primary Personal.xlsb file. In looking closer at these files in the develper tab, all are .xlsb files and all have the same modules (macros) as those in my primary Personal.xlsb file. I don't know how I managed to end up with this mess, but I would appreciate if someone could help me 1) understand how this happened, and 2) how I can correct this. The desired result would be to be able to open a workbook or new workbook and have my Personal.xlsb file run in the background normally. My first inclination was to delete all of the files other than my personal. xlsb, but the idea that something disasterous would happen (I lose all of my macros) caused me to stop dead in my tracks and ask the Forum for help. Thank you very much.

AndyT

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Rather than delete the files, I would move them to a different location leaving your main Personal.xlsb in place.
That way you can check that everything is working ok before deleting the other files.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back