Multiple Filters and Sorting on Database, VLOOKUP

MWEchelon

Excel 2016
I have imported a database onto excel consisting of approx. 200 columns and 12,000 rows. Each column has different values (5 and 9-number zip codes, name, range, address, number, state, %, etc.).
Sample Rows:
- 00850 (zip code)
- Noname Company
- 100 Address Street
- 10-25%, Up to 10%
- $40,000
- CA
Each row has a unique ID #, and I am currently using advanced filter for find rows located in certain zip codes. After I have filtered by zip code, I copy the ID #s onto another sheet and use VLOOKUP to show the most important columns for a more printer-friendly layout.
I am wondering if there is a way I can use multiple filters and sorting before I copy the ID #s. For example, filter by using the zip code tool, 50-75%, $5,000-$10,000 (I have tried uncecking and checking boxes under filter, but it takes a very long time). When I use the advanced filter tool for zip codes, I am not able to use other filters without it deleting my advanced filter and vis versa.
If there is another way to filter or sort multiple columns, or even putting a search bar at the top of the rows, without implementing any macros, it would make my life a lot easier. Please let me know.
Thank you.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Excel 2016
I have imported a database onto excel consisting of approx. 200 columns and 12,000 rows. Each column has different values (5 and 9-number zip codes, name, range, address, number, state, %, etc.).
Sample Rows:
- 00850 (zip code)
- Noname Company
- 100 Address Street
- 10-25%, Up to 10%
- $40,000
- CA
Each row has a unique ID #, and I am currently using advanced filter for find rows located in certain zip codes. After I have filtered by zip code, I copy the ID #s onto another sheet and use VLOOKUP to show the most important columns for a more printer-friendly layout.
I am wondering if there is a way I can use multiple filters and sorting before I copy the ID #s. For example, filter by using the zip code tool, 50-75%, $5,000-$10,000 (I have tried uncecking and checking boxes under filter, but it takes a very long time). When I use the advanced filter tool for zip codes, I am not able to use other filters without it deleting my advanced filter and vis versa.
If there is another way to filter or sort multiple columns, or even putting a search bar at the top of the rows, without implementing any macros, it would make my life a lot easier. Please let me know.
Thank you.

You could try conditional formatting and then subsequently filter by color.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back