Multiple Filters on One Worksheet

SaraWitch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello peeps,

I see that @biglb79 posted something similar in March (currently no answers), so forgive me if this is too similar...

I have a worksheet with four different sections and I want to put a filter on each section. However, when I put the filter on the second section they are removed from the first.

I have tried to make each section a table (highlight section, insert table), but I cannot merge my merged cells in this format and if I convert to range to merge, I lose the filter option for all sections.

Is there only the ability to have one filter on a worksheet, or does anyone know how I can have more?

Ta muchly, folks!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Unfortunately yes, you can only have one filter per worksheet - I've encountered this myself many times. It is very annoying!

Upvote 0
The only way to have more than one filter per sheet would be to use tables.
Also merged cells are an abomination & should be avoided like the plague. Get rid of them & convert your ranges to tables, problem solved.

Upvote 0
Solution
? Thought you may say that! Thank you, Fluff ;)

And thank you, Denzo :)

Upvote 0
Tables will work but you would need to stack your tables vertically - if you have them side by side and filter one table, the other table also gets filtered as they are sharing the same rows

If you stack them vertically so that each table isn't sharing any rows with another table, you can have filters on each of the tables

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Denzo.

My sections/tables are vertical. However (and I know this is abhorrent, Fluff! ;) ), but I need my merged cells. So it will have to be a manual filter insert when needed...

Thank you, both...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I didn't know this! Thank you, Joe4!! My, this will be useful in future! ?

Upvote 0
I didn't know this! Thank you, Joe4!! My, this will be useful in future! ?
You are welcome!

If you are able to implement this, it could save you from a lot of the aggravation merged cells can cause down the road.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back