3. 2019
  4. 2016
  5. 2013
Platform
  1. MacOS
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi
I apologise in advance if this is not clear but I’ve tried to refine my thoughts.

In this link is a modified (smaller) version of a file I’m working on - Help Please.xlsx

I have a page called explanation trying to highlight what I am wanting to achieve but I will go over it here as well.

Firstly, if there is a more efficient way to do this I am all ears.

Basically, I will have 100 different data sets, with each set having 4 columns in it and at least 500 rows of data. If I have a value in FWD I would like a new data set to be created and the value of the new set to be $25. Therefore if it says $100 it would create 4 new data sets on the next row, with a maximum of 99 new sets after the original one.

With each new data set the value in the TP column is being corrected from the input sheet and then RB column is a formula.

The DB column is my next confusing point as when the RB columns is above $50k I want a formula that will show the amount above $50k so every 5 rows it goes back to $50. I kept getting circular errors here.

So this brings me to my summary requirements. By grouping my data sets I can total what’s going on at a specific point in time (data range of 5,10,15 etc) then I can also total it. So I am not sure if I need go overboard and do the formula based of where the first 20 are located then do the same with the next 20 and so on or if there’s a hack to the formula to reference the data set numbers.

And while I think this is a work in progress is there an easy way of auto filling a formula when I am skipping every 4 lines like on my totals page?

Thank you in advance for any assistance and direction I receive

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I’m still figuring this out so will re engage if I need assistance

Upvote 0
Please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution as the solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back