Multiple Formulas in One Cell

Jadaelk27

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting and looking for some much needed help!

I am working on a workbook (2007 version) to keep track of aircraft flight hours each month during the year. As hours are built up each month they will deduct from the monthy and remaining yearly hours for that particular aircraft. At the end of each month I need the remaining FY 13 hours to automatically transfer to the next worksheet which will represent the next month (each worksheet represents a month) and then continue to deduct as hours are flown for that month.

So what I have so far for sheet 1 (using example below) is =SUM(C2+F2-B2) to reach the total in cell G2.
And for sheet 2 i know to carry over the remaining hours i can use the formula =SUM(Sheet1!G2).

So my question comes to...is there any way to combine the formula used in Sheet 1 and Sheet 2 so I can carry over the remaining hours from the previous month while continuing to deduct hours flown for the current month?
N-Number
Hrs Flown
Roll Over Hrs
Allocated Hrs
Remaining Monthly Hrs
Total FY 13 Hrs
Remaining FY 13 hrs
N-1234

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!
Jos

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
I really don't understand your question, but you're misusing SUM (even tho it's working)
Instead of SUM(Sheet1!G2) just ise =Sheet1!G2. Instead of =SUM(F2+C2-B2) use =F2+C2-B2. You're hung on SUM!
It's like using =SUM(1+2+3). This is the same as =SUM(6). That's the same as 6. So, don't overuse SUM.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply. It is difficult to explain what I need. :( Bob - I have tried the formulas with and withoug using SUM. Basically I am trying to combine the functions F2+C2-B2 (for sheet 2) and Sheet1!G2. So the total from April will be carried over to May. Then hours flown in May will need to be duducted from what was carried over. So if the April total is 150, then May will start out with 150 hrs. Then on May 12th they fly 5 hours so the total needs to be reduced to 145, and so on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back