Multiple Function same formula

DCAbound

I wonder if anyone can help with this. I now know that + is actually equates to OR. I am trying to write an argument that states...

Cell A1 AND B1:B4>=3,"Advance",....

=IF(AND(DP3=1)+SUM(DJ3:DM3)>=3,"Advance",IF(AND(DP3=2)+SUM(DJ3:DM3)>=3,"Established",IF(AND(DP3=3)+SUM(DJ3:DM3)>=2,"Advance",IF(AND(DP3=4)+SUM(DJ3:DM3,DO3)>0,"Latent","Latent"))))

How would I change this?

Thanks for helping but i am still getting a value error message.

=CHOOSE(DQ14,IF(DK14:DN14>=3,"Advance","1"),IF(DK14:DN14>=3,"Established","2"),IF(DK14:DN14>=2,"Emerging","3"),IF(DK14:DN14=1,"Latent","4"))

I need cells H to respond Advance, Establish, Emerging, or Latent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
question, based on your data shouldn't the first 3 be Advance then Established and then Emerging?
<style>table { }td { padding-top: 1px; padding-right: 1px; padding-left: 1px; color: black; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: 400; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; font-family: Calibri,sans-serif; vertical-align: bottom; border: medium none; white-space: nowrap; }.xl63 { vertical-align: middle; white-space: normal; }.xl64 { text-align: right; vertical-align: middle; white-space: normal; }</style>
EXAMq28aEXAMq28bEXAMq28cEXAMq28dEXAMq28eEXAMq28fEXAMq29
11111Advance
1112Established
113Emerging

<colgroup><col style="width:65pt" span="8" width="65"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

the first one being >=3 and 1
the second being >=3 and 2
the third being >=2 and 3
yet in your sample they are noted as Advance, Advance and Advance...

used: =IFERROR(INDEX($R$29:$R$32,MATCH(1,IF(($P$29:$P$32<=SUM($A2:$D2))*($Q$29:$Q$32=G2),1)),0),"") Ctrl + Shift + Enter not just enter on a PC or Command + Return on a MAC.

Upvote 0
The function that i was using in that data is =IF(AND(DQ3=1)+SUM(DK3:DN3)>=3,"Advance",IF(AND(DQ3=2)+SUM(DK3:DN3)>=3,"Established",IF(AND(DQ3=3)+SUM(DK3:DN3)>=2,"Emerging",IF(AND(DO3=1),"Latent","Latent"))))

it somewhat works but treats the + as an OR. This was the issue of my original post.

Upvote 0
The function that i was using in that data is =IF(AND(DQ3=1)+SUM(DK3:DN3)>=3,"Advance",IF(AND(DQ3=2)+SUM(DK3:DN3)>=3,"Established",IF(AND(DQ3=3)+SUM(DK3:DN3)>=2,"Emerging",IF(AND(DO3=1),"Latent","Latent"))))

it somewhat works but treats the + as an OR. This was the issue of my original post.

You need to specify the outcome cells, which are now empty in the exhibit below...

Q29 à
Q28 1234

<COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=5 width=64><TBODY>
</TBODY>

Upvote 0
I am afraid I cannot do that because the responses for these questions are by Columns. Individuals Questionnaire results data are shown in column from question 1 - 50. Some questions are check all boxes (1, Blank) and some are radio boxes (represented by 1-4, depending on how many responses there are), where I have to choose 1 radio box and 2 or more check boxes for example to form a decision rule... Advance, Established, Emerging Latent. EACH ROW in its entirety signifies a responses from 1 individual questionnaire results.

that's why I need to put across the board instead of in colums.

Thanks,
-earl

Upvote 0
You need to specify the outcome cells, which are now empty in the exhibit below...

Q29 à
Q28 1234

<tbody>
</tbody>

I am afraid I cannot do that because the responses for these questions are by Columns. Individuals Questionnaire results data are shown in column from question 1 - 50. Some questions are check all boxes (1, Blank) and some are radio boxes (represented by 1-4, depending on how many responses there are), where I have to choose 1 radio box and 2 or more check boxes for example to form a decision rule... Advance, Established, Emerging Latent. EACH ROW in its entirety signifies a responses from 1 individual questionnaire results.

that's why I need to put across the board instead of in colums.

Thanks,
-earl

You already provided parts of the above matrix. Q28 has to do with the numbers which obtain by summing and Q29 represents the radio button choices.

Upvote 0

Maybe this:

Code:
=IF((DQ3=1)+(SUM(DK3:DN3)>=3),"Advance",IF((DQ3=2)+(SUM(DK3:DN3)>=3),"Established",IF((DQ3=3)+(SUM(DK3:DN3)>=2),"Emerging","Latent")))

Markmzz

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back