Multiple Graphs

jbfrank

Is there a way to have two or even three separate graphs all within the same border?

For instance, I would like to track the number of late orders for any given month. On the left side of the graph, I would like to use a pie-graph to measure the percentages of orders that were late.

On the right side of the graph, I would like use a bar graph to track the number of orders and how late they were by how many days. The Y-Axis would be the # of orders, and the X-Axis would be the number of days late.....the far left would represent on-time and each increment to the right would be one day late.

I want to combine both of these onto a single frame (if that makes sense) so the viewer can see the percentage on the left and immediately see the detail on the right.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hi jbfrank, Im aware that you can overlay one chart on top of another but Im not sure about side by side. I suspect you cant as to be in the same border it would need to be one chart.

However, you can make it look as though it were by creating 2 charts.
1. From the Drawing toolbar (View|Toolbars|Drawing) create a large rectangle big enough to fit both charts

2. Select a chart and then choose Format|Selected Chart Area. In there you will see a Patterns tab that has options for borders, however you cant amend individual borders - its all or nothing. Change the border line to nothing so there is no border. Repeat for the other chart.

3. Drag each chart inside the Rectangle. The chart needs to be on top of the rectangle or it wont be able to be seen.

4. You can now resize the charts how you would like and then chnage the border of the rectangle to your desired thickness etc and the charts will look as though they are in the same border.

A bit of mucking around I know. Perhaps someone else has a cleaner approach?

btw Jon Peltier has an excellent site on chart tips so maybe he has a solution. I couldnt see it in a quick browse but have a look anyway.

Upvote 0
Borders are only arbitrary visual aids. You can manipulate the effect as desired. See the Excel/Tutorials/Stacked Charts page of my web site for an example of vertically aligned charts.
jbfrank said:
Is there a way to have two or even three separate graphs all within the same border?

For instance, I would like to track the number of late orders for any given month. On the left side of the graph, I would like to use a pie-graph to measure the percentages of orders that were late.

On the right side of the graph, I would like use a bar graph to track the number of orders and how late they were by how many days. The Y-Axis would be the # of orders, and the X-Axis would be the number of days late.....the far left would represent on-time and each increment to the right would be one day late.

I want to combine both of these onto a single frame (if that makes sense) so the viewer can see the percentage on the left and immediately see the detail on the right.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxgirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back