Multiple Histogram Errors; Multiple Sheets

sjjna

My goal: I will have 5 sheets with 5 different sets of data and bins on each sheet. I will also be including a lined scatter plot and a histogram graph of each set of data on each sheet (25 total). I want to only have the histogram chart visible on each sheet (i.e, I don't want my sheet to have the bins/frequency table).

Where I am at: I have built the first sheet with 5 sets of data and 5 scatter plots. I have build the 1st histogram in a sixth sheet and copied, pasted special(with formatting) the first histogram graph from sheet 6 to sheet1.

My problem: I cannot create another histogram in sheet6. If I try to create it from sheet 1 and choose the output to be sheet6! A8 or something like that, it changes it to [filename.xls]Sheet6!A8, even though I am not referencing an outside spreadsheet. When it does this I get the error output range must be a valid reference.

If instead I try to start making the histogram from sheet6, still using the data from sheet1, I will get the error message Input range must be a contiguous reference. I am not doing anything different from making the first histogram to the second, except for setting an output, so i don't understand what is wrong. Can anyone answer this?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Also, It works fine if I don't try to specify an output. But then I will end up with 25 sheets, each with on histogram. I'm trying to make this a little more manageable and condensed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back