Multiple hyperlinks to cells in ranges but not to the range

ab-76

I have a workbook with two sheets. Each sheet has cells A1-A20 in Column A populated with text. I'd like to hyperlink Sheet2, A1 to Sheet1, A1, etc. I know it can be done by individually hyperlinking the cells - but - is there ANY way to do it by selecting the range in Sheet2 to and hyperlinking it to the range in Sheet1 such that the cells have one-to-one links: A1 to A1, A2 to A2, etc.? When I select the cell range A1-A20 in Sheet2, no matter what I try I can only ever get a hyperlink to the range and not to the individual cells.

The actual workbook has alot of sheets and cells, so if there's any way to do this it would be incredibly helpful.

I'm not an Excel expert, but the only thing I can think of is to use Word to create HYPERLINK() statements and do alot of cut/paste but I'm not sure that would work or be efficient.

Sorry if this is unclear - or has already been answered (I DID search) - and thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Help

Hi:

=SUM(Sheet1!A1) put this in Sheet 2 A1 and drag across your range dragging from the bottom right of the cell containing the formula (A1)

I your range is A1:A20 just drag the formula down from Sheet2 A1 to A20.

These cells will now contain whatever data is in sheet 1 of the same range, hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back