Multiple IF and AND Statement - Need Help!

londoneye001

Board Regular
Hi - I was wondering if one of the Excel guru can correct the below formula for me? Formula it self is simple but even after the false part of the if statement I need the formula to continue to the next if statement so that next criteria can be matched. If there is a better way to do the allocation, I'm open to that as well.

Many Thanks,
Sid

=IF(AND(J4="Q1", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")=0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")*AA4), IF(AND(J4="Q2", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")=0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")*AA4), IF(AND(J4="Q3", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")=0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")*AA4), IF(AND(J4="Q4", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")=0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")*AA4)

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I don't understand your formula. When do you want to divide by 13 and when do you want to multiple by AA4? What's the significance of the first SUMIFS returning zero?

WBD

Upvote 0
I don't understand your formula. When do you want to divide by 13 and when do you want to multiple by AA4? What's the significance of the first SUMIFS returning zero?

WBD

Hi - Thanks for your response. Let me try to explain the formula:

Criteria are:

• J4 = Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 (These are Quarters)
  • SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")=0) < this statement is checking if previous year sales is zero for the quarter or not
  • If above statement returns zero (i.e. sales of previous quarters for this specific chain is zero) then the Quarterly forecast value has to be divided by 13
  • if above statement is not zero then allocate Quarterly forecast value based on last year % of Sales (I have added a calculated field which calculates % of sales based on this formula Weekly Sales / Quarterly Sales <<< this formula is on a separate tab

I need my formula to work by Quarters. I hope this make sense?

Thanks,

Upvote 0
This might be a little easier to read:
Code:
=IF(AND(J4="Q1", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")=0),
                 SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")/13,
                 SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")*AA4)

, IF(AND(J4="Q2", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")=0),
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")/13,
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")*AA4)

, IF(AND(J4="Q3", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")=0),
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")/13,
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")*AA4)

, IF(AND(J4="Q4", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")=0),
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")/13,
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")*AA4)
It's still confusing – there are four complete IF formulas concatenated with commas.

When the SUMIFS is zero, we divide that zero by thirteen.
When the SUMIFS is not zero, we multiply the SUMIFS by AA4.

Upvote 0
This might be a little easier to read:
Code:
=IF(AND(J4="Q1", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")=0),
                 SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")/13,
                 SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")*AA4)

, IF(AND(J4="Q2", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")=0),
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")/13,
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")*AA4)

, IF(AND(J4="Q3", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")=0),
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")/13,
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")*AA4)

, IF(AND(J4="Q4", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")=0),
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")/13,
                  SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")*AA4)
It's still confusing – there are four complete IF formulas concatenated with commas.

When the SUMIFS is zero, we divide that zero by thirteen.
When the SUMIFS is not zero, we multiply the SUMIFS by AA4.

Sorry about the confusion, I realized first part of the formula is incorrect. It should be like this:

=IF(AND(J4="Q1", SUMIFS(CL.Sales,CL.Division,'Summary Data'!$H4,CL.FiscalQtr,"Q1",CL.ChainCD,'Summary Data'!$A4)0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")*AA4)

but i need this formula to work for Q2, Q3 and Q4

Upvote 0
Hi - Thanks for your response. Let me try to explain the formula:

Criteria are:

• J4 = Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 (These are Quarters)
  • SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")=0) < this statement is checking if previous year sales is zero for the quarter or not
  • If above statement returns zero (i.e. sales of previous quarters for this specific chain is zero) then the Quarterly forecast value has to be divided by 13
  • if above statement is not zero then allocate Quarterly forecast value based on last year % of Sales (I have added a calculated field which calculates % of sales based on this formula Weekly Sales / Quarterly Sales <<< this formula is on a separate tab

I need my formula to work by Quarters. I hope this make sense?

Thanks,

Nope. The first three SUMIFS are identical as far as I can see and not checking previous years? Also, as @thisoldman suggests, there are four complete IF() statements separated by commas. Strange.

WBD

Upvote 0
Hi - I was wondering if one of the Excel guru can correct the below formula for me? Formula it self is simple but even after the false part of the if statement I need the formula to continue to the next if statement so that next criteria can be matched. If there is a better way to do the allocation, I'm open to that as well.

Many Thanks,
Sid

=IF(AND(J4="Q1", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")=0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")*AA4), IF(AND(J4="Q2", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")=0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"2")*AA4), IF(AND(J4="Q3", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")=0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"3")*AA4), IF(AND(J4="Q4", SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")=0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"4")*AA4)

This... : CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period
appears 12 times in your formula. Can you not do it in another cell and define a name then put it in your formula instead? Lets do that.

1. In J5, if(j4="Q1",1),if(j4="Q2",2),if(j4="Q3",3),if(j4="Q4",4),"")
2. in J6,=SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,j5)
3. define J6, call it "total" (or w/e you want)
4. your 10 line formula is now: =if(total=0,total/13,total*AA4)

Upvote 0
Nope. The first three SUMIFS are identical as far as I can see and not checking previous years? Also, as @thisoldman suggests, there are four complete IF() statements separated by commas. Strange.

WBD

Hi - No the first 3 statements are not identical at all. First Statement says CL.Sales (Last Year Sales) whereas other two statements say CF.Sales (Sales Forecast)

This is the correct formula:

=IF(AND(J4="Q1", SUMIFS(CL.Sales,CL.Division,'Summary Data'!$H4,CL.FiscalQtr,"Q1",CL.ChainCD,'Summary Data'!$A4)0), SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")/13, SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,"1")*AA4)

and like i said i need this formula to work for Q2, Q3 and Q4 also. Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this might work:
Code:
=IF(SUMIFS(CL.Sales,CL.Division,'Summary Data'!$H4,CL.FiscalQtr,J4,CL.ChainCD,'Summary Data'!$A4)=0,
 SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,RIGHT(J4))/13,
 SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,RIGHT(J4))*AA4)

I don't know if CF.Period is a number or if it is text.

Upvote 0
=SUMIFS(CF.Sales,CF.Division,$H4,CF.ChainCD,$A4,CF.Period,RIGHT(J4,1))*IF(SUMIFS(CL.Sales,CL.Division,'Summary Data'!$H4,CL.FiscalQtr,J4,CL.ChainCD,'Summary Data'!$A4)=0,1/13,AA4)

WBD

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back