Multiple if conditions formula help

rqadri

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear all,

I need your help for a formula I don't understand how to create. I used to work in an excel file with the formula but the file is not existing anymore and I'm not able to re create the formula by myself for the new file unfortunately.

The file looks like this:

1668170529534.png

I'm trying to create a formula for the column "RAG" which automatically depending on the values on the columns "Status" and "Due Date" give me either the text "Future Review" "Due Soon" "Overdue" or "Done.
So the formula should go like this: If "Due Date" is >Today+5 or more then "RAG" should give me "Future Review", if however "Due Date" is bigger than Today but smaller/equal 5 then it should show me "Due Soon" and if the "Due Date" is smaller than Today then it should show me "Overdue". Additionally the moment the column "Status" is set to any of the "Closed" types "RAG" should switch to "Done".

I hope it does not sound too complicated for you.

Thank you very much in advance and kind regards!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
=IF(OR($B2="Closed Type A"; $B2="Closed Type B"; $B2="Closed Type C");"Done";IF($E2>TODAY() + 5;"Future Review";IF(AND($E2>TODAY();$E2<=TODAY() + 5);"Due Soon";IF($E2<TODAY();"Overdue"))))

Try this one. Probably you can make it look for Closed in the begining of a string, but I don't know how to do it

Upvote 0
Solution
=IF(OR($B2="Closed Type A"; $B2="Closed Type B"; $B2="Closed Type C");"Done";IF($E2>TODAY() + 5;"Future Review";IF(AND($E2>TODAY();$E2<=TODAY() + 5);"Due Soon";IF($E2<TODAY();"Overdue"))))

Try this one. Probably you can make it look for Closed in the begining of a string, but I don't know how to do it
think this is what he was meaning
Excel Formula:
=IF(LEFT(H2,6)="Closed","Done",IF(K2>TODAY() + 5,"Future Review",IF(AND(K2>TODAY(),K2<=TODAY() + 5),"Due Soon",IF(K2<TODAY(),"Overdue"))))

Upvote 0
think this is what he was meaning
Excel Formula:
=IF(LEFT(H2,6)="Closed","Done",IF(K2>TODAY() + 5,"Future Review",IF(AND(K2>TODAY(),K2<=TODAY() + 5),"Due Soon",IF(K2<TODAY(),"Overdue"))))
I need to learn those tricks.

Upvote 0

Thank you! That's the formula I was looking for. It's working perfectly! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back