Multiple IF Formulas and Conditions

questforexcel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am trying to use a Multiple IF formula to help me give the values if the following conditions are met, but it gives me a #Value error.

Could you please help me figure out the correct formula for this.

Thank you

=IF(AND(B2034<>B2035),H2035+I2035-J2035,IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Beginning Balance",C2035)),(D2035+I2035-J2035),IF(AND(MONTH(F2035)<>MONTH(F2034)),(I2035-J2035),(K2034+I2035-J2035))))

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
i would think the problem is the <>. It reads to as if you want the formula to do that function if B2034 is less or greater than B2034. I would try it with an if function of B2034=B2035 and then have the if false part read what you want it to do if it doesn't meet that condition.

Upvote 0
i would think the problem is the <>. It reads to as if you want the formula to do that function if B2034 is less or greater than B2034. I would try it with an if function of B2034=B2035 and then have the if false part read what you want it to do if it doesn't meet that condition.

< > means "Not Equal" to

Upvote 0
Thank you, that helped.

It turns out formula does not work, if specifically cell "H" is blank. If cells I and J are blank, it still reads and displays the results.

Could you please help me on how to convert blank cells to number format, so that the formula can read this. I dot not want to manually write "0" in columns where there was no data previously.

The error is probably coming from one of the cells that you are using in the formula.

Upvote 0
Are their formula in the cells, in e.g. cell H? If so i'm guessing they return "" instead of a zero, try changing the "" to 0.

Upvote 0
That is amazingly sharp and accurate, that's exactly what I had in the cell. :)

I have replaced the "" with a 0 and converted the number to accounting series, so that it returns a "-" wherever there is 0.

Thank you so much.

Are their formula in the cells, in e.g. cell H? If so i'm guessing they return "" instead of a zero, try changing the "" to 0.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back