Multiple Iterations of one formula?

Rbyrne

Right so I've been working on this excel workbook for a couple months and all has been fine, up to now. I have recently been asked to allow for multiple user inputs to the same formula. Now just to let you know, one iteration formula contains approximately 10 worksheets to calculate correctly. We will call the formula "X":

So I am trying to run the entirety of X multiple times one after another. So say I have 10 cell inputs to re-do the whole of X.
Hence I need X1, X2, X3 .... X10.

So Basically #1 = "User Input 1" then this input is used to index a row & column in a database, all of this data is then pulled out and input into the different sheets of the formula.

Is there a method -without linking to ten external workbooks, to do something like this in excel or would this be out of the league?

I am wholly lost on this without reverting to having 100 worksheets in the workbook which are redundant if they're not being used.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
you know you can share a workbook? just need to make sure saves are very regular to avoid real data being changed. Do back it up regularly just in case

Upvote 0
I'm well aware that you can share workbooks, that isn't the point. The workbook is not for users the workbook is being used by a programme so the workbook doesn't exist to the user at all.
I don't think you understood what I meant. I could have explained it incorrectly.

Basically this workbook will have its inputs from a programme, which is in turn the user. These user inputs need to be calculated in order but appear to be instant. Hence the excel sheet should go 1 - 2 - 3.... -10 in order but each user input will be used on each sheet before being replaced by the next, as soon as the data has been saved.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back