Multiple Lookup and Return Value

WILDFLOWER92

Hello All, its been a long time since I needed your help. I confess, I haven't been using excel like I use to!

I need to do a multiple lookup and return a value. The lookup needs to have to different types, one being one type of variable and the other being multiple variables.

Example: 1st lookup: ABCDE = ABCDE and XYC = 1, 2, 3..ect, then return the # in a cell based on the match of the two items above.

Hope this makes sense.

M

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
I've tried 3 different things and cant seem to get a response:

=SUMPRODUCT(('Agcy Data'!X4:X509="E702NYC-LAXQ2")*('Agcy Data'!AC3:AN3=$I$2)*('Agcy Data'!AN4:AN511))

=LOOKUP(2,1/(('Agcy Data'!X4:X509=CONCATENATE($H$5,A6,"Q2"))*('Agcy Data'!AC3:AN3=$I$2)),'Agcy Data'!AN4:AN512)

=INDEX('Agcy Data'!AN4:AN512,MATCH('Agcy Data'!X4:X509&CONCATENATE($H$5,A6,"Q2"),'Agcy Data'!AC3:AN3=$I$2,FALSE))

Have any clue why?

Upvote 0
Explain the relationship between 'Agcy Data'!AC3:AN3 and 'Agcy Data'!AN4:AN511?

Upvote 0
Hello All, its been a long time since I needed your help. I confess, I haven't been using excel like I use to!

I need to do a multiple lookup and return a value. The lookup needs to have to different types, one being one type of variable and the other being multiple variables.

Example: 1st lookup: ABCDE = ABCDE and XYC = 1, 2, 3..ect, then return the # in a cell based on the match of the two items above.

Hope this makes sense.

M

Looks like you want...

=INDEX(ReturnRange,MATCH(1,IF(Range1=Var1,IF(Range2=Var2,1)),0))

which needs to be confirmed with control+shift+enter, not with enter.

If the foregoing is not what you are looking for, provide a samll sample along with the desired result.

Upvote 0
Excellent!!! You guys are so smart and I brag about this board just so know. The last one worked like a charm!! I like the dynamics of arrays; however they can sometimes slow down the process.

Have a great day!

Upvote 0
If I wanted to add multiple ranges without having to repeat the "if (range, can I use {xxx, xxxx, xxx } some where?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back