Multiple Lookups...tried other threads

ammdumas

Asked for some help yesterday concerning muliple VLOOKUPs and gosh darn it if I didn;t try. :oops:

I tried just_jons test http://216.92.17.166/board2/viewtopic.php?t=73228

and the variation from Aladin Akyurek.

I suspect the problem had something to do with the 'Bigstr' portion of the formula but in any case, no matter how I tried I ended up with #N/A.

I'll explain in detail what I need. The sample table below is the data source on sheet1 (Columns 1,2,6 and 8 respectively)

Trans# Review# Name Status
1 1000 Bill Approve
2 1111 Ed Concur
3 1111 Joe Approve
4 1000 Steve Inform
5 1000 Phil Inform

On Sheet3 there is a transmittal form that has 12 possible spaces for names to be added in. C9-C18 would house the names and E9-E18 would house the status of each person. All other fields on the form have VLOOKUP's which work fine (based on Trans# where other data in columns for similar Review#s are identical, so first one found is fine)

I would like to autopopulate those fields C9-C18 and E9-E18 with however many people have the same Review#s (could be 1, could be all 12 spaces). The first part from those threads I mentioned is already set up so that the user would select the appropriate Review# on Sheet3 via INDEX and validation. Now I just need to get those names and statuses.

Hope thats clear. Maybe its a formula solution, maybe a VBA solution, the choice is up to you 'cause I'm stumped. :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
ammdumas said:
...I suspect the problem had something to do with the 'Bigstr' portion of the formula but in any case, no matter how I tried I ended up with #N/A...

Try using BigNum, which must be defined as referring to

9.99999999999999E+307

instead of BigStr.

Upvote 0
How do you define it? With just_jons I tried putting it actually into the formula (his being REPT("z",255)). What does actually do anyways?

And also, I couldn't wrap my mind around the 'N' (i.e. ...A:A,N(A2)...or...+N(A2),""...). Where does that fit in?

Upvote 0
Yay! Danka...Merci Beaucoup...Thanks...Domo Origato.... :pray:

Figure out how to define Bigstr and BigNum. And everything is now cool.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back