Multiple problems with Personal Workbook

Neori

Hello!

I have always saved macro recordings inPersonal Workbook and had no trouble of using the code in new excel documents.

After that I have lost Personal Macro. Looking through the forum I could locate in XLStart file. I have checked Trust Center, Add-ins and advanced options and recovered it.

There are 2 problems now:

1) Whenever I open a new document, after going to Developer-Macro I can's see Personal Workbook in the list. However, if I go to VB editor the project is in there with all the modules. How do I adjust Excel to display Personal Workbook in the list?

2) Even if I don't save a workbook a new projected is added each time I close an Excel document. For example: I open a new workbook called workbook1, close it and then when I open a new Excel workbook2 I see in VB editor project from workbook1, although it is closed and I didn't save it.

Thank you for any reply in advance.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
on 2, i occassionaly see residuals in VBA, if you close excel and reopens is it still there

Upvote 0
Re point 1, I'd start by going into the Add-ins section in options, and checking the Disabled items section to see if Personal.xlsb is listed there.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply.

I have checked it and personal.xlsb is not disabled. This is really strange...

Upvote 0
I checked Trust Center and XLStart file is in there as well.

Interestingly, even if I delete empty workbooks, the next time I open a new document there is a project for the workbook I have created last time.

Now, there is also an error showing that personal.xlsb must run for me to be able to save new macro.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back