Multiple records if filtering only want to display common occurence

kac1125

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a list of items and a list of clients that order. Some items are ordered by multiple clients. In the table I also have a total orders for all clients. I have used total as the client name for the sum of all orders combined. What I am trying to do is filter the client name to see what items they order, but also want to include total in that filter. The issue is I only want to see common items between the client name and the total. If I filter to Client A and Total I get the items that client A pulls plus the total of all items. What I want is lets say i have 100 item numbers Client A only pulls 15. I want to see those 15 for that client and the total for each of the 15 items. But like I said i get the 15 items for Client A plus the total of all 100 items. Please let me know if there is an easy way to accomplish this..

Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

It would also be helpful to see some dummy sample data and the expected results with XL2BB so that we know how the data is laid out and how you would expect to see the result(s) presented. At the moment we would just be guessing if we tried to set up a sheet to test what you have and what you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back