multiple same value legend entries

kfairhurst

Hi - I am trying to create a stacked bar chart to show the life cycle of the status of a job. Say the job changes between 3 different status' multiple times.

eg: 1 day 'with customer', 1 day 'with support', 2 days 'awaiting information', 2 days 'with support', 1 day 'with customer'

When using a pivot chart it is showing the sum of of the number of days for each status rather than the lifecycle.

I have managed to create the stacked bar chart to show the changing status throughout the lifecycle of the job using my own table but I had to leave separate legend entries for each stage, excel has allocated a different colour for each section of the stacked bar chart even if the label is the same, I can edit the colours so it displays correctly but cannot get the legend bar at the side to assign just one line to each status without it removing it from the stacked bar.

I hope that makes sense and someone can help - I do have a screen shot but cant see how to attach.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back