Multiple Sporting Macro - VBA

BrighJShane

Hi! I am very new to this forum and have beginner level VBA skills. I have spreadsheet with A-L columns and 121 rows "A7:L121" is the entire range of the dataset. I want to have a shortcut through a macro that will sort based on the following criteria:

Sort the "status" column (C) (It's either Open or Close), then after that, to sort it by the "priority" column (B) which is 1,2, 3 with one being the highest priority, then sort it by "team" column (F) through alphabetical order and then finally sort it by "due date" column (J) with the most recent ones come first. Then print the final results.

I created a couple of macros separately but things got messed up and it doesn't do it in order so i deleted them.

I would appreciate any help as its been bugging me for a while.

Have a lovely Weekend
Shane

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hi! I am very new to this forum and have beginner level VBA skills. I have spreadsheet with A-L columns and 121 rows "A7:L121" is the entire range of the dataset. I want to have a shortcut through a macro that will sort based on the following criteria:

FILTER the "status" column (C) (It's either Open or Close), then after that, to sort it by the "priority" column (B) which is 1,2, 3 with one being the highest priority, then sort it by "team" column (F) through alphabetical order and then finally sort it by "due date" column (J) with the most recent ones come first. Then print the final results.

I created a couple of macros separately but things got messed up and it doesn't do it in order so i deleted them.

I would appreciate any help as its been bugging me for a while.

Have a lovely Weekend
Shane
Please note that i want to FILTER the status column but sort the rest

Upvote 0
What i have that works for filtering so far:
Sub AutoFilter_in_Excel()

Range("C7:L121").AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="Open"

End Sub

Upvote 0
If you turn on the Macro Recorder as you perform these steps manually, you should get most of the VBA code you need. It might need a little cleanup afterwards, but it should give you a good start.
Have you tried that?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back