Multiple sublists using Data Validation

Lilfiger19

Hi All!

I am so hoping someone can help me. Is there a way that I can set up more than 1 sublists in excel? Below is the criteria and conditions. I was able to create the Primary List and then the first sub-list but that is it.

Primary List:

Business Unit
1. Majors
2. SBS

Sub Lists 1:
Case Type/Request (All Case Types should link to the primary lists for all business units)

Sub List 2:

Depending on the case selection in sub list 1, this should show the Queue Name and/or Email Address that the case should be routed too.

Below is a screen print to show the setup of the excel file.

Column A is the Business Units
Row 1 is the Case Type/Request
Column B/Row 2 and on are the actual queue names and/or email addresses.

Business UnitManual Billing File(s) uploadsSan Dimas Billing Inquiries
Majors & SBSSERVICEMB@Test.COM #ACCT-San Dimas
CompHRN/AN/A

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Thanks for the site. It gave me insight but I am still unable to achieve the sublists where the primary list is Business Unit, then 1st sublist is Case-Type that is dependent on the business unit. Once the case type has been selected the 3rd sublist should then show the Queue Name/Email Address that the case/request should be routed to. I am so hoping someone on here can help me get started as I am lost on how to achieve this.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the site. It gave me insight but I am still unable to achieve the sublists where the primary list is Business Unit, then 1st sublist is Case-Type that is dependent on the business unit. Once the case type has been selected the 3rd sublist should then show the Queue Name/Email Address that the case/request should be routed to. I am so hoping someone on here can help me get started as I am lost on how to achieve this.

What would be the list after selecting Majors & SBS?

Upvote 0
You would privide that list (in a scaled down version if necessary) since that's what you are asked for.
I hate to ask you this but would mind laying it out in an worksheet like you did in that other thread so I can see how it needs to be laid out so then I can name my ranges?

Upvote 0
You would privide that list (in a scaled down version if necessary) since that's what you are asked for.

It seems you are not going to answer this question...

I hate to ask you this but would mind laying it out in an worksheet like you did in that other thread so I can see how it needs to be laid out so then I can name my ranges?

Laying it out with what since there is no enough information?

If you can't provide information for whatever reason, why don't you try to "copy" yourself the lay-out and the formulas the threads you are referred to contain?

Upvote 0
Ok I got the 1st list and 2nd list to work. I even got the third list to list the cases tied to that specific business unit however I need to for it to only pull the exact queue name that the case should go to and not the full list associated with that business unit. I did this by using the =indirect(vlookup($A$2,Lookup,3,False). Will you tell me what you need exactly? Do you need the exact file to help me? I am willing to do anything and I do apologize for causing you frustration as I am a begginer with this.

Upvote 0
Ok I got the 1st list and 2nd list to work. I even got the third list to list the cases tied to that specific business unit however I need to for it to only pull the exact queue name that the case should go to and not the full list associated with that business unit. I did this by using the =indirect(vlookup($A$2,Lookup,3,False). Will you tell me what you need exactly? Do you need the exact file to help me? I am willing to do anything and I do apologize for causing you frustration as I am a begginer with this.

Last effort: What are the items that you have in the 1st, the 2nd, and the 3rd? And what is the reference of "Lookup" and what does the table contain?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back