Multiple Tables in one form

SOLTEC

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a very large application that contains multiple tables for each form. I am trying to figure out how to display one form but binding that form to multiple tables? Example:

First Call form needs to link to:
Personal Information Table
Person Who Called Table
Place of Death Table
Location of the Body Table
Physician Table and finally
Permissions Table

Each table has multiple rows and columns to be included. I have tried creating an unbound form and dragging and dropping the subform and it's a mess. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance for the support and your time.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
There are two approaches you could take, depending on what you have and what you need to do. One is to have the primary (e.g. master) records displayed on a main form and the related records below in one or more subforms. This is likely to be the most flexible in terms of controlling which subsets can be edited. The other is to create a query that involves all the tables and base your single form on that. However, sometimes this results in a query that is not editable, and if that is a requirement of your form, it will not work as desired.

Your tables design is the foundation and if you have not done that correctly it won't support much in the way of data entry or retrieval. Simply showing the names of your tables does little to indicate where you are with that.

Forgot to mention that in my book, forms and reports are based on queries and almost never just tables which means that I don't build forms first and then find out they don't work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back