Multiple users to save data through Userform

pan_kaj

Board Regular
hello,

I have an excel database which is populated using a userform (within the same workbook).

It has now come to light that 2 people need to be able to access the userform simultaneously and save information (new calls) together to that common database.

Can you please advise if and how this might be possible?

Cheers
PJ

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Thanks Kevlarhead but the question wasnt about what tools can i use other than Excel! It was how can I get around the problem using Excel!

Upvote 0
As an interim measure you could set up a read-only workbook, containing your userform, and alter it to write to a 'database' file via ADO. While this doesn't permit simultaneous access, a write to an .xls via ADO takes around 0.2 of a second, permitting many people to write to file at roughly the same time with a minimum of collision. Reading can be done via MS Query, or through VBA/ADO.

This approach gives you a single front-end file with a userform in it, writing to a backend flatfile database, which can be read/reported on from any number of files.

This is the approach I've used for a similar application for the past few years, but as it's a colossal pain in the neck to set up, I'd recommend Access. Save yourself the grief.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back