Multiple web data imports simultaneously?

ry0087

Hi there,

I have an excel workbook that has 100 tabs in it. Each tab has it's own module/macro that will import the options chain from Google Finance for a different stock, equating to 100 total different options chains.

Each tab takes about 2.5 seconds to load the option chain in it. Multiply this times 100 and it takes over 4 minutes to process. I'd like to cut this number down, if possible.

My workbook currently updates one tab at a time and I wanted to know if there is a way to update multiple tabs simultaneously. I.e. 10 or even 100 tabs can be updated all at the same time, instead of updating one at a time in order.

I would greatly appreciate help with this!

Thanks!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wedloski

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...