Multiply value if data is found in a table

Gbadd

I have a file where I need to calculate the number of pallets stored (I have the total quantity and quantity on a pallet) but if the material number is found in a table or range I need to multiply the total number of pallets by two. How do I create a formula that will tell me the total pallets per line (simple division) and if the material number is in my table or range to then multiply the value by 2. In my image I made the calculations manually and want a formula to do it for me.

Thanks

Greg

Attachments

• times2.jpg
    times2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 18

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
What factor do you base multiplication on? If you were thinking about the item number I can do that. It does seem that you should have had more times 2 multiplication going on. If I'm correct just let me know and I can help with this.

Upvote 0
For example, should the 16529605502 items also be multiplied by 2?

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding and sorry I was not clear. I need a formula to give me the total pallets on hand by dividing QTY in column F by CA/PL in column D but if the Item # in column C in found in a table or range to then multiply the Total Pallets by 2. For example I want the formula to be written so the value in Total Pallets column below equals 226 since Item # 13009238091 is in my table stating the total pallets on hand needs to be doubled. The total for item 13009238091 would be 113 total pallets but since it is in my table it needs to be doubled meaning the total pallets should be 226.
PlantCatItemCA/PLLocQtyTotal Pallets
1256​
CLN
13009238091​
48​
OW001
5424​
226​
=F2/D2*2

Attachments

• Sample.jpg
    Sample.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
I would try this formula. Fill in the necessary information. The brackets are there just so you see what to fill in.

=IF(COUNTIF([Full "Item" Column Range],[Item # in that row])>1,[QTY for that row]/[CA/PL for that row]*2,[QTY for that row]/[CA/PL for that row])

Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=F2/D2*(1+(COUNTIFS(C12:C13,C2)>0))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back