Multiplying a text cell by the number in another cell.

Slyon

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could assist me with my spreadsheet, as I'm struggling to search the way to do it anywhere online.

So, I've created a spreadsheet to log clothing items for a list of people, containing item type and the size/quantity of each item (see sheet 1 below).

What I want to do is add a separate sheet which works out the totals of everything on the other sheet, kind of like a tally chart if you want (see sheet 2 below).

I don't know if this is possible at all, but I need for example anything that is entered into each of the item sections for a certain size multiplied by it's quantity (if more than one) then filtered into the relevant cell on sheet 2 depending on what it the cells on sheet 1 contain.

*For example from the below, whatever is inputted into each item section for each person, so in this case cell B4 multiply it by it's quantity in cell C4, resulting in the total of 2 populating into sheet 2 in cell E4. I'm thinking if excel can pick up what text is in each cell then filter it to the relevant cells in sheet 2.

Apologies if this doesn't make much sense, I'm really bad at explaining it in writing! :ROFLMAO:?‍♀️

All help is really appreciated and if what I'm asking isn't doable then my apologise at least I can scrap that idea. :) Thank you!

SHEET 1
1627294391090.png

SHEET 2
1627293596546.png

Attachments

• 1627293464828.png
    1627293464828.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1627294355465.png
    1627294355465.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 12
No it didn't, but then I assume that all the data would match one of the criteria, so any VALUE errors would be an issue somewhere. ;)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymonster123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back