Multiplying and Summing percents ignoring Text in some cells

benntw

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
In row 2 I have assigned weighted percents to multiply each row's current percent complete in columns Column J:S. Column T is my sum of all of them and is where my formula is. Currently I have to count a category as 100% even though it should be NA. I have tried iserror, isnumber, etc and have had no luck. If I put NA in any of the columns it errors out. I am hoping someone can unrack my brain on this. Below is my current formula before I gave any though about an NA being used.

=SUM(J5*J$2)+(K5*K$2)+(L5*L$2)+(M5*M$2)+(N5*N$2)+(O5*O$2)+(P5*P$2)+(Q5*Q$2)+(R5*R$2)+(S5*S$2)

Thank you.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
sumproduct(J5:S5,$J$2:$S$2) does the same thing, and you can include an isnumber condition to avoid text errors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Appreciate the help. I had to go with the long formula IFERROR(J6*J2,J2)+ . I tried your formula, but when the error happened it did not take row 2 and replace the NA with that percentage. I do how ever really like the formula if I use numbers only.

Upvote 0
replace NA with what percentage? Here's one way to skip text:

Excel 2010
JKLMNOPQRS
537a1122b54c8217
Sheet7
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J8=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER($J$5:$S$5),$J$5:$S$5,$J$2:$S$2)

Upvote 0
I didn't explain it clear enough. My result in column T should equal 100%. The weighted values in row 2 are 30%, 5%, 5%, 10%, 15%, 10%, 10%, 5%, 5%, 5%. When I did the IFERROR formula when there was an NA it claimed the weighted average. With doing that Column T added to 100%. Now I am working on a vertical solution. I appreciate your time you have taken on this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back